COVID Guidelines for Loudoun Symphonic Winds
Updated August 13, 2022
Requirements to Participate in Rehearsals
In order to participate in rehearsals and performance with Loudoun Symphonic Winds, band members will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated. We define this as one who has either received two shots of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or the one shot regimen of the J&J vaccine. We are not requiring participating members to have had a booster shot. We believe this is in the best interest of the ensemble in terms of continued participation and general safety.
We will accept medical exceptions, provided you have a note from your doctor explaining why you are not able to be fully vaccinated, whether temporarily or permanently. If temporarily, the doctor needs to provide the dates you can receive your shot(s). We don't need information about the underlying reasons.
COVID Reporting Procedures
If a band member tests POSITIVE for COVID, they will email the board at
- provide the names of members who were in close proximity (ex., next to, behind and in front of),
- provide the date of the last rehearsal attendance, and
- will not attend rehearsals until they confirm they have been symptom free for at least 7 days.
We will notify:
- the rehearsal/performance facility,
- all LSW members. We will indicate the last rehearsal/performance date the individual attended, and
- any members who were within 6 feet of the infected individual.
Due to concerns about COVID infections, we strongly encourage participating members not to attend a rehearsal if they have any symptoms such as a cold, sore throat, etc. Meaning, don't assume it's just a cold. We ask this out of consideration to our fellow band members.